Are you a fan of Trader Joe’s? Do you love chocolate croissants? Then you’re in luck, because we’ve got not just one, but two delicious recipes for Trader Joe’s chocolate croissants that will have you drooling in seconds. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, these recipes are sure to impress.
Recipe 1: Trader Joe’s Chocolate Croissant with a Twist
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Chocolate Croissants
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Unroll the croissant dough and separate the triangles.
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash onto each croissant triangle.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds onto each triangle, pressing them lightly into the dough.
- Roll up each triangle, starting at the wide end.
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serving Size: 1 croissant
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrate: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
These croissants are perfect for breakfast or brunch. Serve them with fresh fruit and a cup of coffee or tea. They’re also great for a mid-day snack or dessert.
Try substituting the sliced almonds with chopped hazelnuts or pecans. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the egg wash for a little extra flavor.
If you can’t find Trader Joe’s chocolate croissants, you can use regular croissant dough and add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to the center before rolling them up.
These croissants are best eaten fresh out of the oven, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in a 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Make sure to press the sliced almonds lightly into the dough so they don’t fall off during baking.
- Don’t overfill the croissants with chocolate or they may leak during baking.
- Can I use a different type of nut?
- Can I use regular croissant dough?
Yes, you can use any type of nut you like. Just make sure to chop them finely so they stick to the dough.
Yes, you can use regular croissant dough and add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to the center before rolling them up.
Recipe 2: Trader Joe’s Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- 4 Trader Joe’s Chocolate Croissants, cut into cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add the croissant cubes to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 33g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
- 9×13 inch baking dish
This bread pudding is perfect for dessert or brunch. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Try adding a handful of fresh berries or chopped nuts to the mixture before baking. You can also sprinkle a little cinnamon on top for extra flavor.
If you can’t find Trader Joe’s chocolate croissants, you can use regular croissants and add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to the mixture before baking.
This bread pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven before serving.
- Make sure to let the bread pudding cool for a few minutes before serving so the center can set.
- Don’t overmix the croissant cubes with the egg mixture or they may become mushy.
- Can I use a different type of bread?
- Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can use any type of bread you like. Just make sure to use something that can absorb the egg mixture well, like brioche or challah.
Yes, you can prepare the bread pudding up to a day in advance and bake it when you’re ready. Just cover the dish with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake.
Trader Joe’s chocolate croissants are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed in so many ways. Whether you’re in the mood for a simple almond croissant or a decadent bread pudding, these recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations and substitutions to make them your own. We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!