Are you a chocolate lover? If yes, then this recipe is a must-try for you! This triple chocolate mousse cake recipe will make you fall in love with chocolate all over again. It is a heavenly dessert that will melt in your mouth and leave you feeling satisfied. This recipe is easy to follow, and the best part is that it includes a video tutorial to make it even simpler. So, let’s dive right in and make this delicious treat!
- For the cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- For the mousse:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (for whipping)
- Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the vegetable oil and eggs to the mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Gradually pour in the hot water and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely.
- For the mousse, heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add in the milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mousse over the cooled cake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings before serving, if desired.
Per Serving (1 slice):
- Calories: 548
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 228mg
- Potassium: 301mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 47g
- Vitamin A: 13%
- Vitamin C: 0.2%
- Calcium: 11%
- Iron: 16%
Total time: 5 hours (including 4 hours of refrigeration time)
- 9-inch springform pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer (optional)
This triple chocolate mousse cake is perfect for any occasion. Serve it as a dessert after dinner or as a sweet treat for a special occasion. It pairs well with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
You can customize this recipe by adding different flavors to the mousse, such as peppermint extract, almond extract, or raspberry puree. You can also experiment with different types of chocolate, such as dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
- You can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour for a gluten-free version of this recipe.
- You can use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
- You can use different types of chocolate chips, such as bittersweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 1 month.
- Make sure to let the cake cool completely before adding the mousse.
- Use high-quality chocolate chips for the best flavor.
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks for a light and airy mousse.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake up to 1 day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 1 month. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
How do I prevent lumps in the chocolate mousse?
Make sure to stir the chocolate mixture constantly while it’s melting to prevent lumps from forming. If you do end up with lumps, you can strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve before adding the whipped cream.
This triple chocolate mousse cake is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. The combination of three different types of chocolate creates a rich and decadent dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The cake is moist and chocolatey, while the mousse is light and airy. I love how easy this recipe is to follow, and the video tutorial makes it even simpler. This cake is sure to impress your friends and family, and it’s a must-try for anyone who loves chocolate. So go ahead and indulge in this delicious treat!