Are you tired of plain old pumpkin bread? Want to jazz it up a bit? Look no further! Here are 5 fun and tasty ideas for what you can add to your pumpkin bread mix.
- 1 box of pumpkin bread mix
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Follow the instructions on the pumpkin bread mix box to prepare the batter.
- Choose one of the mix-ins (or more!) and stir it into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Calories: 200 | Fat: 9g | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 2g | Protein: 3g
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowl
Serve your pumpkin bread warm with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It also pairs well with a cup of hot apple cider or coffee.
Try adding in different combinations of the mix-ins for a unique twist. You can also experiment with different types of nuts or dried fruits.
If you don’t have pumpkin bread mix, you can use a spice cake mix instead. You can also substitute the can of pumpkin puree for an equal amount of applesauce.
Store your pumpkin bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to grease your loaf pan well to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overmix your batter, as this can result in tough bread.
- If you’re using fresh nuts, toast them in the oven for a few minutes before adding them to the batter for extra flavor.
This recipe is perfect for fall and winter holidays, but can be enjoyed year-round. It’s a great way to use up leftover pumpkin puree from other recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Absolutely! Just make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin first.
Can I use a gluten-free bread mix? Yes, just make sure to check the ingredients for any potential allergens.
Can I omit the mix-ins? Of course! The pumpkin bread mix will still make a delicious loaf on its own.
This pumpkin bread is one of my favorite fall treats. I love experimenting with different mix-ins to create new flavor combinations. It’s also a great recipe to make with kids, as they can choose their own mix-ins and help stir the batter.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy baking project, give this pumpkin bread a try. It’s sure to become a new family favorite!