Banana cake is one of the most beloved desserts around, and it’s no wonder why. This moist, tender cake is bursting with sweet banana flavor and makes the perfect treat for any occasion. But not all banana cakes are created equal, and if you’re looking for the best of the best, you need to try Sara Lee banana cake.
In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about where to buy Sara Lee banana cake, as well as provide you with an easy and delicious recipe to make your own at home. So whether you’re a die-hard fan of this classic treat or you’re just discovering it for the first time, get ready to have your taste buds tantalized!
- 1 package of Sara Lee banana cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch cake pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Each serving of Sara Lee banana cake contains:
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 3g
The total cooking time for Sara Lee banana cake is approximately 35-40 minutes.
- 9 x 13 inch cake pan
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Electric mixer
- Wire rack
Sara Lee banana cake is delicious on its own, but it’s also great served with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You could even drizzle a little caramel or chocolate sauce over the top for an extra-special treat!
If you want to mix things up, you could try adding some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter before baking. You could also make a cream cheese frosting to spread over the top of the cake once it’s cooled.
If you don’t have vegetable oil on hand, you could use canola oil or melted butter instead. You could also use milk instead of water for a slightly richer flavor.
You can store leftover Sara Lee banana cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your oven is fully preheated before putting the cake in to bake.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can make the cake tough.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving.
If you’re looking for where to buy Sara Lee banana cake, your best bet is to check your local grocery store. You can also order it online from retailers like Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Sara Lee banana cake different from other banana cakes?
Sara Lee banana cake is known for its moist, tender texture and rich banana flavor. It’s made with high-quality ingredients and baked to perfection, making it a cut above other banana cakes on the market.
Can I make Sara Lee banana cake without an electric mixer?
While an electric mixer makes things easier, you can definitely make Sara Lee banana cake without one. Simply mix the ingredients together by hand until they’re well combined.
Can I use a different size cake pan?
You can, but you’ll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. A smaller pan will require a longer cooking time, while a larger pan will require a shorter cooking time.
If you’re a fan of banana cake, you absolutely have to try Sara Lee banana cake. This delicious treat is worth hunting for, and if you can’t find it in stores, you can always make your own using the recipe we’ve provided. Whether you’re enjoying it on its own or dressed up with your favorite toppings, Sara Lee banana cake is sure to become a new favorite in your dessert repertoire.