Nothing Bundt Cakes has become a household name for cake lovers all over the world. With its signature bundt-shaped cakes and delectable flavors, it’s no wonder that people can’t get enough of it. But have you ever wondered who invented Nothing Bundt Cakes? In this article, we’ll be diving into the delicious history of the beloved cake brand.
The ingredients for a Nothing Bundt Cake vary depending on the flavor, but some common ingredients include:
- Cake mix
- Sour cream
- Pudding mix
- Flavorings (such as vanilla extract or almond extract)
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Here is a basic recipe for a Nothing Bundt Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, water, and flavorings until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add in powdered sugar and flavorings until well combined.
- Frost the cooled cake and enjoy!
The nutritional information for a Nothing Bundt Cake varies depending on the flavor and size, but on average, a slice of cake contains:
- Calories: 300-450
- Fat: 15-25g
- Carbohydrates: 35-50g
- Protein: 3-6g
The cooking time for a Nothing Bundt Cake is typically around 40-45 minutes.
To make a Nothing Bundt Cake, you will need:
- A bundt cake pan
- A mixing bowl
- An electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A wire rack
Nothing Bundt Cakes are delicious on their own, but they can also be served with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Top with fresh fruit, such as berries or sliced peaches
- Drizzle with caramel or chocolate sauce
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream
- Pair with a cup of coffee or tea
Nothing Bundt Cakes come in a variety of flavors, including:
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip
- Red Velvet
- White Chocolate Raspberry
You can also customize your cake by adding different mix-ins, such as nuts or chocolate chips.
If you don’t have all the ingredients for a Nothing Bundt Cake, here are some substitutions you can make:
- Replace sour cream with Greek yogurt or buttermilk
- Use applesauce or mashed bananas instead of oil
- Swap out pudding mix for instant vanilla pudding mix
- Use a different flavor of cake mix
Nothing Bundt Cakes can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to grease your bundt cake pan well to prevent sticking.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
- Don’t overmix the batter or the cake will be tough.
Nothing Bundt Cakes was founded in Las Vegas in 1997 by Dena Tripp and Debbie Shwetz. The two friends started baking cakes in their home kitchens, and their business quickly grew into a nationwide franchise.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a bundt cake?
A bundt cake is a cake that is baked in a bundt pan, which has a distinctive ring shape with ridges. Bundt cakes are often served with a glaze or frosting.
Can I make a Nothing Bundt Cake without a bundt pan?
No, a bundt pan is necessary to achieve the distinctive shape of a Nothing Bundt Cake.
What is the most popular flavor of Nothing Bundt Cake?
Chocolate Chocolate Chip is one of the most popular flavors of Nothing Bundt Cake.
Nothing Bundt Cakes are truly a delight to eat. The moist, flavorful cake paired with the tangy cream cheese frosting is a match made in heaven. I love how easy it is to customize the cake with different flavors and mix-ins, making it perfect for any occasion. If you haven’t tried a Nothing Bundt Cake yet, I highly encourage you to do so!