Are you looking for a festive dessert to serve at your holiday party, but can’t find a Yule log cake anywhere? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this delicious and easy recipe that will have your guests asking for seconds.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan and place it on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the cake, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the jam and spread it evenly.
- Scatter the fresh raspberries over the whipped cream.
- Starting at one of the short ends, gently roll the cake up into a log, using the parchment paper to help you. Don’t worry if the cake cracks a little.
- Transfer the cake to a platter and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 23g
- Protein: 4g
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium and large mixing bowls
- Mixer or whisk
- Parchment paper (for rolling the cake)
- Platter (for serving)
This cake makes a great dessert for a holiday party or a special occasion. Serve it with a cup of hot cocoa or coffee for a festive treat.
If you don’t like raspberries, you can use any other berry or fruit that you prefer. You can also leave out the jam and just use whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- You can use any type of jam or fruit preserves in place of the raspberry jam.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 cup of milk and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use whipped topping or whipped coconut cream instead.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to let the cake cool completely before rolling it up.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the cake for a clean cut.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar just before serving to prevent it from melting into the whipped cream.
This recipe is adaptable and can be customized to suit your preferences. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake up to a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can I freeze this cake?
While it is possible to freeze this cake, it is not recommended as the whipped cream may become watery when thawed.
Can I use a different type of fruit?
Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you prefer, such as strawberries, blueberries, or peaches.
This without Yule log cake recipe is a delicious and festive dessert that is perfect for any holiday gathering. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes. The combination of rich chocolate cake, tangy raspberry jam, and fluffy whipped cream is sure to please everyone at the table. So why not give it a try and impress your guests with your baking skills?