Are you ready to make some spooky and delicious cupcakes for Halloween or any special occasion? Look no further than these yellow cake mix and canned pumpkin cupcakes! This recipe is easy, quick, and perfect for anyone who loves a good cupcake. Let’s get started!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract, and water until well combined.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each one about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, decorate them however you like!
Serving Size: 1 cupcake | Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 290mg | Total Carbohydrates: 29g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Sugars: 16g | Protein: 3g | Vitamin D: 0% | Calcium: 8% | Iron: 6% | Potassium: 2%
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 18-20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Wire rack
These cupcakes are perfect for any occasion! Serve them at a Halloween party, a birthday party, or just as a fun treat for yourself or your family.
Add chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins to the batter for some extra texture and flavor. You can also top the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, caramel sauce, or whipped cream.
- Use applesauce instead of vegetable oil for a healthier option.
- Use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix for a different flavor.
- Use mashed bananas instead of pumpkin puree for a banana cupcake.
Store the cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cupcakes for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to mix the batter well to ensure that the cupcakes come out fluffy and moist.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full to ensure that the cupcakes bake evenly and don’t overflow.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating them to prevent the frosting from melting.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by mixing together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree. Just make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin before using it in the recipe.
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix if you prefer. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the cupcakes may be different.
Can I make these cupcakes gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free yellow cake mix to make these cupcakes gluten-free.
These yellow cake mix and canned pumpkin cupcakes are the perfect treat for Halloween or any special occasion. They are moist, fluffy, and full of pumpkin flavor. I love how easy they are to make and how versatile they are. You can decorate them however you like, and they will still taste delicious. I highly recommend trying out this recipe for yourself!