Are you looking for a light and fluffy cake that is perfect for any occasion? Look no further than angel food cake. This classic dessert is a crowd-pleaser, but did you know that you can take it to the next level by using a bundt pan? Not only does it give your cake a beautiful shape, but it also makes it easier to slice and serve. In this article, we’ll show you how to make an angel food cake using a bundt pan and provide helpful tips and variations to make it your own.
– 1 cup cake flour – 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar – 12 egg whites – 1 teaspoon cream of tartar – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – Optional: powdered sugar and fresh fruit for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. 2. Sift the cake flour and 1/2 cup of the sugar together in a bowl. 3. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed until they become frothy. 4. Add the cream of tartar and salt to the egg whites and continue to beat until soft peaks form. 5. Gradually add the remaining cup of sugar to the egg whites while continuing to beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. 6. Add the vanilla extract to the egg whites and gently fold in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. 7. Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. 8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. 9. Invert the bundt pan onto a wire rack and let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan. 10. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh fruit if desired.
– Calories: 147 – Fat: 0g – Carbohydrates: 33g – Protein: 4g – Sodium: 91mg – Sugar: 26g
– Stand mixer or hand mixer – Bundt pan – Mixing bowls – Measuring cups and spoons – Sifter
– Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream – Top with a fruit glaze or chocolate ganache – Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
– Lemon Angel Food Cake: Add 2 tablespoons of lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the batter. – Chocolate Angel Food Cake: Sift 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar with the cake flour and sugar mixture. – Almond Angel Food Cake: Add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to the egg whites. – Berry Angel Food Cake: Fold 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries into the batter before pouring into the bundt pan.
– Cake flour can be substituted with all-purpose flour, but the texture of the cake may be slightly denser. – Granulated sugar can be substituted with powdered sugar, but the cake may not rise as much.
– Store the angel food cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
– Make sure your mixing bowl and beaters are completely clean and free of any grease before beating the egg whites. – Do not overbeat the egg whites, or they may become dry and crumbly. – Inverting the bundt pan onto a wire rack allows air to circulate around the cake, preventing it from becoming soggy.
– Angel food cake is a low-fat dessert, but it is high in sugar. Enjoy in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a tube pan instead of a bundt pan?
Yes, a tube pan can be used instead of a bundt pan. The main difference between the two is that a bundt pan has a decorative shape, while a tube pan is round and smooth.
Can I make angel food cake without cream of tartar?
Cream of tartar is used to stabilize the egg whites and help them to form stiff peaks. If you don’t have cream of tartar, you can substitute with an equal amount of lemon juice or white vinegar.
Why do I need to invert the bundt pan?
Inverting the bundt pan allows the cake to cool in the pan, which helps it to maintain its shape. If the cake is removed from the pan too soon, it may collapse or stick to the bottom of the pan.
Angel food cake has always been a favorite dessert of mine, but using a bundt pan takes it to a whole new level. Not only does it look beautiful, but it also makes it easier to slice and serve. I love how versatile this recipe is, and the variations allow you to customize it to your liking. Whether you serve it with fresh fruit or a chocolate ganache, this angel food cake is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Give it a try for yourself and see how heavenly it truly is.