The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious yule log cake? This classic dessert is a staple at Christmas time, and with this gluten-free recipe, everyone can enjoy a slice. Not only is this yule log cake gluten-free, but it’s also rich, chocolatey, and sure to impress your friends and family.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Sift the gluten-free flour blend over the egg mixture and fold until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cake is set.
- While the cake is baking, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and immediately invert it onto a clean kitchen towel dusted with powdered sugar.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and roll the cake up in the towel, starting at the short end. Let cool completely.
- Unroll the cake and spread the chocolate mixture over the top. Roll the cake back up and dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 9g
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 10×15-inch jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Small saucepan
- Clean kitchen towel
This yule log cake gluten-free is perfect for serving at holiday parties or as a special dessert for your family. Serve slices with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
To make this yule log cake gluten-free, you can substitute the gluten-free flour blend for regular flour. You can also add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the batter for a mocha flavor.
If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half or whole milk in the chocolate mixture. You can also use dark or milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet.
Store leftover yule log cake gluten-free in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to roll the cake up while it’s still warm to prevent cracking.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the chocolate mixture to prevent it from melting.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving to allow the chocolate mixture to set.
This yule log cake gluten-free is a delicious and festive dessert that everyone can enjoy. With a rich chocolate flavor and a soft, spongey texture, it’s the perfect treat for the holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this yule log cake gluten-free ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this yule log cake gluten-free up to 2 days ahead of time. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can I freeze this yule log cake gluten-free?
Yes, you can freeze this yule log cake gluten-free for up to 1 month. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Can I use almond flour instead of gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use almond flour instead of gluten-free flour in this recipe. However, the texture of the cake may be slightly different.
This yule log cake gluten-free is a must-try for anyone looking for a delicious and festive holiday dessert. With its rich chocolate flavor and soft, spongey texture, it’s sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – your taste buds will thank you!