The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious Yule Log Cake Omaha? This festive treat is not only visually stunning but also incredibly tasty. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or looking for a sweet dessert to enjoy with your family, this Yule Log Cake Omaha recipe is sure to impress.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter, along with the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Invert the cake onto a clean kitchen towel and remove the parchment paper. Roll the cake up in the towel and let cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, unroll it and spread the whipped cream evenly over the surface.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the whipped cream.
- Roll the cake back up and dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 6g
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 15×10 inch jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Wire whisk
- Clean kitchen towel
This Yule Log Cake Omaha is a perfect dessert for any holiday gathering. Serve it alongside a cup of hot cocoa or coffee for the ultimate indulgence. You can also garnish the cake with fresh berries or mint leaves for an added touch of color and flavor.
If you want to switch up the flavors of this Yule Log Cake Omaha, you can try adding different extracts to the batter, such as almond or peppermint. You can also swap out the whipped cream for a flavored mousse or frosting. Additionally, you can add nuts or dried fruit to the chocolate drizzle for added texture.
If you don’t have all-purpose flour, you can use cake flour instead. You can also use Dutch-processed cocoa powder instead of unsweetened cocoa powder for a richer chocolate flavor. If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can substitute them with chopped chocolate or chocolate shavings.
This Yule Log Cake Omaha can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s best to slice the cake just before serving to prevent the whipped cream from melting.
- Make sure to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form for a light and airy cake.
- Roll the cake up tightly to prevent cracking.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
This Yule Log Cake Omaha can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different size pan?
This recipe is designed for a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan. If you use a different size pan, the baking time and yield may vary.
Can I freeze this Yule Log Cake Omaha?
It’s not recommended to freeze this cake as the whipped cream may separate and become watery when thawed.
Can I make this Yule Log Cake Omaha without eggs?
Eggs are an important ingredient in this recipe as they provide structure and help the cake rise. It’s not recommended to make this cake without eggs.
This Yule Log Cake Omaha is a festive and delicious dessert that’s perfect for the holiday season. The light and airy cake pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate drizzle and creamy whipped cream. It’s easy to make and always impresses guests. Give it a try and enjoy the taste of the holidays!