The holidays are here, and what better way to celebrate than by baking a delicious yule log channel comcast for your family and friends? This dessert is not only easy to make, but it is also a fun and creative way to get into the holiday spirit. In this article, we will provide you with a detailed recipe, nutritional information, equipment needed, serving suggestions, variations, substitutions, storage tips, and frequently asked questions, so you can make the perfect yule log channel comcast for your holiday gathering.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the water and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Once the cake has finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the cake and invert it onto a clean surface.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake.
- Spread the whipped cream filling onto the cake, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Starting from the short end of the cake, gently roll it up, using the parchment paper to help guide the cake.
- Place the rolled cake onto a serving platter and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While the cake is chilling, prepare the chocolate ganache. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the ganache has melted and is smooth, remove it from the heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and pour the ganache over the top, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Refrigerate the cake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the ganache has set.
- Slice and serve!
Serving Size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 12g
Total Time: 2 hours
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 15×10 inch jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- Small saucepan
- Serving platter
Slice the yule log channel comcast into 1 inch slices and serve on a festive platter. Dust the top with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries or sprigs of mint.
You can make this yule log channel comcast your own by adding different flavors to the whipped cream filling. Try adding a teaspoon of peppermint extract for a minty twist or a tablespoon of espresso powder for a coffee flavor.
If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use whipped topping or cool whip instead. You can also substitute the semisweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate or white chocolate chips.
Store the yule log channel comcast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to use room temperature eggs for the cake batter.
- If you don’t have a jelly roll pan, you can use a 9×13 inch baking pan instead.
- Be sure to roll the cake while it is still warm, as it will crack if it cools too much.
- Let the ganache cool for a few minutes before pouring it over the cake to prevent it from melting the whipped cream filling.
This recipe makes one yule log channel comcast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cake and the whipped cream filling ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator. When you are ready to assemble the yule log channel comcast, simply roll the cake, add the filling, and top with the ganache.
Can I freeze the yule log channel comcast?
No, this recipe is not recommended for freezing as it contains whipped cream filling.
Can I use a different type of filling?
Yes, you can use a different type of filling such as fruit preserves or chocolate mousse.
The yule log channel comcast is a classic holiday dessert that is both delicious and fun to make. With its rich chocolate cake, creamy whipped cream filling, and decadent chocolate ganache, this dessert is sure to impress your family and friends. We hope that you enjoyed this recipe and give it a try for your holiday gathering. Happy baking!