The holiday season is around the corner, and what better way to get into the festive spirit than making a delicious Yule Log Channel Uverse? This classic dessert is perfect for Christmas, and with its chocolatey goodness, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So, put on your apron and let’s get baking!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Marzipan mushrooms, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- While the cake is still warm, invert it onto a clean kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Carefully remove the parchment paper and roll the cake up tightly in the towel. Let it cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate chips, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Unroll the cooled cake and spread the chocolate mixture over the top, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Re-roll the cake tightly and place it seam side down on a serving platter.
- Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar and decorate with marzipan mushrooms, if desired.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes before serving.
One serving of Yule Log Channel Uverse contains:
- Calories: 300
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 22g
The total cooking time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes, plus additional time for cooling and decorating.
- 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan
- Mixing bowls
- Clean kitchen towel
- Small saucepan
- Serving platter
Yule Log Channel Uverse is best served chilled, and it pairs well with a hot cup of cocoa or coffee. You can also garnish it with whipped cream or fresh berries for an extra touch of sweetness.
If you want to switch things up, you can try adding different flavors to the chocolate filling. For example, you can add a tablespoon of instant coffee powder for a mocha flavor or a teaspoon of peppermint extract for a minty twist.
If you don’t have heavy cream on hand, you can substitute it with half-and-half or milk. You can also use dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet if you prefer a richer, less sweet flavor.
You can store Yule Log Channel Uverse in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
- Make sure to roll the cake tightly in the towel while it’s still warm to prevent it from cracking.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the chocolate filling to prevent it from melting.
- Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar right before serving to prevent it from absorbing moisture and becoming soggy.
Yule Log Channel Uverse is a classic French dessert that’s traditionally served during Christmas. It’s also known as Bûche de Noël, which means “Christmas log” in French. The dessert is shaped like a log to represent the Yule log, which was traditionally burned during the winter solstice in Europe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Yule Log Channel Uverse ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Yule Log Channel Uverse a day or two ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Can I freeze Yule Log Channel Uverse?
No, Yule Log Channel Uverse is not suitable for freezing as the cake can become soggy and lose its shape when thawed.
Can I use a different type of cake for Yule Log Channel Uverse?
Yes, you can use a sponge cake or a genoise cake instead of the chocolate cake if you prefer.
Yule Log Channel Uverse is a delicious and festive dessert that’s perfect for the holiday season. This recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is a beautiful and decadent cake that’s sure to impress your guests. So, put on your favorite holiday playlist, gather your ingredients, and start baking! Your taste buds will thank you.