Looking for a festive dessert to serve during the holidays? Look no further than the Yule Log Pioneer Woman recipe! This classic Christmas treat is not only delicious, but also fun to make. With its rich chocolate cake and creamy frosting, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So put on your apron and get ready to bake!
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. 4. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla extract. 5. Fold in the flour mixture until just combined. 6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. 7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. 8. While the cake is still warm, carefully roll it up with the parchment paper inside. Let it cool completely. 9. To make the frosting, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. 10. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. 11. Fold in the whipped cream. 12. Unroll the cake and spread the frosting evenly over the top. 13. Roll the cake back up and place it seam-side down on a platter. 14. To make the decoration, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. 15. Drizzle the decoration over the top of the cake. 16. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Calories per serving: 315 Fat per serving: 18g Saturated fat per serving: 11g Cholesterol per serving: 123mg Sodium per serving: 176mg Carbohydrates per serving: 34g Fiber per serving: 1g Sugar per serving: 28g Protein per serving: 5g
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- 10×15-inch jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Electric mixer
Serve the Yule Log Pioneer Woman with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
For a different flavor profile, substitute the cocoa powder in the cake recipe with matcha powder for a green tea twist.
If you don’t have heavy cream, you can substitute it with whipped topping.
Store the Yule Log Pioneer Woman covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When rolling the cake, be sure to use a light touch to avoid cracking the cake.
To make the decoration thicker, add more powdered sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I freeze the Yule Log Pioneer Woman? A: Yes, you can freeze the cake before adding the frosting and decoration. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before frosting. Q: What if my cake cracks when I roll it? A: Don’t worry, simply cover the cracks with frosting and proceed with the recipe.
The Yule Log Pioneer Woman is a classic Christmas dessert that never fails to impress. This recipe is easy to follow and yields a deliciously moist cake with creamy frosting. The decoration adds a festive touch, making it the perfect dessert for holiday gatherings. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try and sharing it with your loved ones. Happy baking!