The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious yule log dessert? This recipe is perfect for those who want to impress their guests with a homemade treat but don’t have a lot of time to spare. With just a few simple ingredients and some festive decorations, you can create a beautiful dessert that will be the talk of your holiday party.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Festive decorations (such as holly berries or powdered sugar for snow)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the instructions on the box.
- Pour the batter into a jelly roll pan and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly over the cake.
- Roll the cake up tightly from one end to the other and place it seam-side down on a serving platter.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and spread whipped cream over the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the cake to resemble snow.
- Decorate the cake with holly berries or other festive decorations.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice
Approximately 15-20 minutes for baking, plus 30 minutes of refrigeration time.
- Jelly roll pan
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Serving platter
- Decorating supplies (such as holly berries or powdered sugar)
This yule log recipe is perfect for serving as a festive dessert during the holiday season. It pairs well with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa, and can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
For a twist on the classic chocolate yule log, try using a vanilla cake mix instead. You can also experiment with different flavors of frosting and decorations to make this recipe your own.
If you don’t have vegetable oil, you can substitute it with canola oil or melted butter. You can also use store-bought frosting instead of homemade if you’re short on time.
This yule log recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
- Make sure to roll the cake up tightly to prevent it from cracking.
- Refrigerating the cake before decorating it will make it easier to work with.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the cake for a clean cut.
This recipe makes approximately 10 servings.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I make this yule log recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes! You can bake the cake and roll it up ahead of time, then store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to decorate and serve it.
Q: Can I freeze this yule log recipe?
A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
Q: Can I use a different type of cake mix?
A: Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature according to the instructions on the box.
This yule log recipe is the perfect way to add some festive cheer to your holiday celebrations. It’s easy to make, delicious, and looks impressive on any dessert table. I love how versatile this recipe is, and how you can customize it to suit your own tastes. I encourage everyone to give it a try this holiday season!