Air Fryer Zucchini Bread – A Refreshingly Delicious Recipe
When it comes to a delicious baked treat, nothing quite compares to zucchini bread! This amazing bread is made with fresh zucchini, buttermilk, and eggs for a fresh and delightful flavor. And now, with the help of an air fryer, you can make zucchini bread at home in record time! Thanks to the air fryer, zucchini bread can be made with much less fat than traditional frying methods, making it a guilt-free treat. Plus, with our simple recipe, you can prepare it in just 30 minutes! So why wait? Let’s make some homemade air fryer zucchini bread and enjoy a delicious treat.
Zucchini Bread in Air Fryer Overview
Making zucchini bread in an air fryer is a great way to enjoy a delicious, healthier version of the classic. With minimal ingredients, this recipe is easy and fast to make. It’s also naturally low in fat and sugar and is a great option for a healthy snack. To make things even easier, you can use a prepared blend of zucchini bread mix or make it from scratch with just a few basic ingredients like flour, baking soda, cinnamon, eggs, and, of course, zucchini.
Depending on what ingredients you have on hand, you could also consider making variations or substitutions. You could try adding ½ cup walnuts, raisins, or chocolate chips for an extra touch of flavor. Or if you’re looking for something a little healthier, you could opt for whole-wheat flour, honey instead of sugar, coconut oil instead of butter, and Greek yogurt instead of buttermilk. Finally, for a vegan-friendly option, try replacing the eggs with ⅓ cup of applesauce or pureed banana.
The cooking time for air fryer zucchini bread is 15-20 minutes and yields up to 10 servings. Additionally, the cooking temperature is 350F, which makes it perfect for everyone. It’s also suitable for just about every season, making it an easy and versatile choice.
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and salt until blended.
- Add the grated zucchini, vanilla extract, and buttermilk to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray and spoon the batter evenly into the basket.
- Air fry at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 270
- Total fat: 12 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg
- Sodium: 493 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 36 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 22 g
- Protein: 6 g
Cooking Time & Servings:
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Air fryer
- 2 mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serve warm with butter, cream cheese, or your favorite sandwich spread.
- Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar or a drizzle of icing for a sweet treat.
- Enjoy as a treat with yogurt or nut butter for breakfast or a light snack.
- Garnish with fresh berries, nuts, or honey.
- Mix in ½ cup walnuts, raisins, or chocolate chips for an extra flavor boost.
- Swap out the all-purpose flour for an equal amount of whole-wheat flour for added fiber.
- Replace the sugar with an equal amount of honey or agave nectar for a lower-sugar option.
- Substitute coconut oil for the butter for a healthier version.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flax meal for extra omega-3 fatty acids.
- Replace the buttermilk with Greek yogurt for added protein.
- Eggs: Replace with ⅓ cup of applesauce or pureed banana.
- Butter: Use coconut oil or olive oil instead.
- Buttermilk: Replace with almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- All-purpose flour: Substitute with an equal amount of whole-wheat flour for added fiber.
- At room temperature: Store covered in an air-tight container or bag for up to 5 days.
- In the refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container or bag for up to 1 week.
- In the freezer: Wrap in aluminum foil and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
- For best results, use a high-quality zucchini bread mix or make it from scratch.
- Grate the zucchini on the finer side of the grater for easier mixing and more even baking.
- Be sure to drain off any excess liquid from the grated zucchini before adding it to the batter.
- Cut the bread into smaller pieces for individual servings or freeze leftovers in smaller portions.
- Enjoy zucchini bread as a snack or dessert with your family or use it to make quick breakfast sandwiches.
- Pair air fryer zucchini bread with a light fruit salad, fresh berries, or a thick Greek yogurt.
- This bread can also be served cold or at room temperature, so it’s perfect for when you’re on the go.
- Prepare all the ingredients in advance to make the mixing and baking process much easier.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I make a vegan version of air fryer zucchini bread?
To make a vegan version, simply replace the eggs with ⅓ cup of applesauce or pureed banana.
- How long will zucchini bread stay fresh?
When stored properly, zucchini bread will stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temperature and up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Can I freeze zucchini bread?
Yes, zucchini bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Be sure to wrap it in aluminum foil before freezing.
- Can I use prepared zucchini bread mix instead of making from scratch?
Absolutely! A prepared zucchini bread mix is an easy and convenient way to make this recipe.
- Vegan (optional)
- Gluten-Free (optional)
- Air Fryer
Air fryer zucchini bread is an easy and delicious snack that the whole family will love. It’s moist and tender, with hints of cinnamon and the sweetness of freshly grated zucchini. Plus, it’s naturally low in fat and sugar and can be ready in as little as 30 minutes. Whether you opt for the classic version or experiment with variations like vegan and gluten-free, you’ll be sure to find a version that’s just right for your tastes. So why wait? Gather your ingredients, set aside some time for prep, and let the air fryer do the rest. Enjoy the fresh, flavorful treat anytime of the day.
Encourage readers to try this delicious and simple air fryer zucchini bread recipe. With minimal effort and ingredients, it’s an easy treat for any day of the week. Get creative by adding your own favorite mix-ins or garnishes. There are so many possibilities, the only limit is your imagination!
Thank you for taking the time to read this air fryer zucchini bread recipe. We hope you enjoy making and savoring this delightful treat. Don’t forget to share your experiences, feedback, and suggestions in the comments below and let us know how you like to enjoy it. Until next time, happy baking!
“Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” -Harriet Van Horne